This one-day workshop is designed to assist Aboriginal staff in developing skills to address additional cultural complexities and maintain well-being whilst working within a health or community services setting.
Course topics include:
- Developing skills to manage working within community or with Aboriginal families known to workers
- Developing professional boundaries to reduce the impact of community expectations on professional life
- Developing skills to manage possible emotional issues when working with non-Aboriginal caseworkers who appear to be inappropriate in their work
- Developing an understanding of conflict and how to reach positive outcomes
- Developing personal skills to manage emotions around constantly working with other Aboriginal families in human service settings